Ten Years After Death,Nollywood Star Actress Bimpe Adekola To Be Immortalized With A Foundation
Just like yesterday,exactly a decade ago,Ireti in nollywood whose real name was Adebimpe Adekola shook the entertainment industry with her sudden death after becoming the cynosure of every aspiring actor and actress.
I could remember vividly the uncontrollable drops of tears rolling down the cheeks of Mrs Idowu Philips popularly known as Mama Rainbow in nollywood when the sad news was broken to her.
My long time acquaintant,actress Fali Werepe whose real name is Modupe Johnson asked me repeatedly, "Ladi,Se Ireti ti lo niyen?"meaning could she have died,could it be true?. Then I was the entertainment editor of the defunct Legends Weekly Magazine with office located around New Oko-Oba in Agege area of Lagos.
It gladens my heart that the faimily of Ireti has evetually woke up from their slumber with a planned launching of a foundation to immortalize the good works of late Bimpe.Speaking with a family representative yesterday, Bisi Adekola Awoniyi told ONN Magazine thatÂ the event is to be organised in conjunction with the National Association of Nigerian Theatre Arts Practitioners(NANTAP) on the 13th of October.
She said: "A memorial service will take place at Folawiyo Bankole Memorial Chuurch in Ikate Surulere, Lagos on
that day and we would all move to National Arts Theatre in Iganmu for the lauching of a foundation in Adebimpe Adekola's name". She said the foundation is to be coined Ireti Adekola Foundation (IAF).
Expected at the event according to the family spokesperson, Bisi is a performance by some known actors and actresses. "there would also be some film shows, especially those where our late sisiter was prominently featured when she was still alive", she opened to ONN magazine in an exclusive chat.
Late Adebimpe Adekola's foundation is expected to cater for the single mothers in the Nigerian society, regardless of the tribe.The NGO will also search and encourage up coming actors and actresses as these were the core areas of intereset to the late star when she was alive. The likes of Said Balogun were brought to limelight with a lot of assistance from Ireti when she featured him in her movie titled, "Edunjobi" years back.
"Aye Awa Obinrin" is also one of several films produced by Late Bimpe Adekola.
- "Vote Gabriel Afolayan As Nollywood Best Actor" - Moji Olayiwola
- Nigeria's Ex-Beauty Queen Pays Visit To Audition In Calabar
- How I saved GT Bank and Millions of Customers from ATM Fraudsters â€“ Nigerian Digital Journalist
- Akinwunmi Ambode, Lagos State Governor Elect Releases Official Portrait
- "Stephen Keshi Would Be A Failure Again" - Ex Internationals
MOST READ STORIES
- Miss Black Africa UK Finalists Say No To Child Brides!
- Cross River State Movie Producers Strategise on FG Entertainment Fund
- Pornographic Film: Nigerian Girls Auditioned Secretly in Lagos
- Daar Communications "Faaji Fm" Takes Over South-West Airwaves In Style
- Conjoined Twins, Abby & Brittany Hensel Turned 22 In Minnesota, USA